Thursday, March 5, 2015

Commenting Review Week

Because this is an online class, we never see our classmates. Leaving comments allows me to connect to other classmates by communicating. I like the commenting, but I think it will be a good idea if we could be assigned to groups and have a chat room. Comments which corrected my blog post was the most helpful. It is nice to hear good things about my work, but also correcting my work is a good way to improve my writing skills. For both short and long comments, I give them a good comment about what they've done really well and something they can fix. The easiest part of writing a comment is complimenting them. The hardest part is the criticizing the work. This is the only class I took which allowed to students to comment on each other's work every week. The commenting method allows me to fix the mistakes I have made on my writing and continuously improve on my writing. I think commenting is a good component of this class. 

I enjoyed the snow day we had on Wednesday !

4 comments:

  1. I think your idea of having a chatroom that we can use to discuss our group work would be a great idea! It would be easier to navigate around and be able to communicate with our classmates directly. And I totally agree with you about what the hardest and easiest parts of writing comments are. I hate giving criticisms, but I love giving them positive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that commenting on other student’s posts and stories helps us to connect! Even though it is a different connection than in a physical classroom it is still a connection that allows us to get to know one another and to learn from one another! I also enjoy comments that give me feedback on how to improve my writing, but I also love seeing positive comments about my work too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jae,

    I also suggested that we have a chat room-like discussion! It's tough to have a continuous dialogue through commenting, although I do think that it's helpful for just general or grammatical edits. But having a back and forth with people would really make the connection stronger between classmates and allow for easier conversation and, ultimately, more suggestions!

    I'm glad you had a good snow day! It's crazy how the weather has been lately. Hopefully you guys won't get any snow for Spring Break, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the commenting aspect of this class. I think it is pretty nice that we get to comment on eachother’s work every week. This helps me to improve my writing week after week. I like to give comments that are both nice and critical. I do agree that the criticism is the hardest part, but it is something that must be done to make us better writers! Keep up the good work!

    Our snow day was great... even though there wasn't any snow until like 6... :)

    ReplyDelete