Thursday, February 5, 2015

Love Stories from India : Styles Brainstorm

 Topic My storybook will be about love stories from India. My goal is rewrite stories over four different love stories from India. One of the main story I will include is the story of Rama and Sita. There will be other love stories from India which I can use as storybook material. I am thinking about incorporating couples like Pandu and Madri, Santanu and Ganga, and Gautama and Ahalya. By making this storybook, the other bloggers and readers will get to enjoy more detailed and exciting love stories. There are a lot of stories to choose from so I have to be wise with my choices.

Bibliography:
1.Sita's diary from the Love diaries, by Amita Zavari.
2.Narayan, R. K. (1972) The Ramayana: A Shortened Modern Prose Version of the Indian Epic.

Possible styles

Counselor: I think it will be interesting if I become the counselor and the couples coming to see if they can get some counseling over their relationship. In this way, the couples are explaing each others opinion and telling the story. It might be a little confusing for the readers, but I think it will be fun to write in a third person point of view.

Diary : I could write a Diary of each women's perspective. I can  describe the events that happened with the male character. I think in this way, I will be able to understand how specific women thought about the relationship. Because I still write a diary, I will imagine myself as the character and describe what happened and how I feel as the character.

narrative: This will be a traditional way of writing the story.  I will be in the third person point of view which I can just tell the story like a typical book. This might be the easiest way and easy, but not as fun. I will just add some details and events which can spice things up!

Tv Show: If I decide to  choose this style, the storybook won't be a anthology anymore. For this, the characters will be somewhat related to each other. Similar to the movie Love Actually, all the couples might be friends, co-workers, family, and etc. This will require a lot of thoughts because I will have to integrate the relationship between the charaters.



My storybook is going to be anthology.


No comments:

Post a Comment