Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Week 3 Reading Diary B


  • I think there was a significance of jewelry in the story. I thought it was symbolic how Sita was able to have Rama's ring when Hanuman appeared in front of her. I remember reading about Sita throwing her jewelry because she wanted to leave a mark so that Rama can come save her. I thought it was interesting for the two characters to use similar way to find each other. 
  • My favorite scene from the reading was the fight between Rama and Ravana. The whole chapter was filled with so many details. I thought it was interesting how they had a battle circling the globe. Also, because Ravana had many heads, no matter how many times Rama cut his head, he would grow it back. the Image of Ravana helped me understand more how he looked like. Although Ravana was insensible to pain, I thought it was amazing how Rama was able to win the battle. To defeat Ravana, Rama had to change the tactics several times.
Image Source Rama slays Ravana

  • Once again, Sita's character fascinated me. After Rama defeated Ravana, Sita comes back to Rama. When Sita came back, Rama wasn't excited to see Sita because Rama believe that Ravana had touched her. Because of this accuse and doubt, Sita jumps into the fire to prove that she was pure, clean, and untouched. This  action was too extreme for me to understand because throwing yourself into a fire is something I will never do. Sita's action described what kind of person she was and that she loved Rama very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment