Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 3 Reading Diary A

  • I really enjoyed reading the book for this week. There were a lot of drama and action involved in this week's reading 
  • I thought is was smart for Sita to throw her jewelry down. In the book, it quotes that Sugreeva said " long ago we saw Ravana carrying off Sita in the skies. we were attracted by her screams as as we looked up , she bundled her jewelry and threw it down. Perhaps to indicate the way she passed." When Rama heard this, he teared up and was determined to find Sita. This indicates the  true love between Rama and Sita. This was my favorite part of the reading because I think it was very wise of Sita to leave marks of her path so that someone could rescue her. 
Image source  Sita and Ravana
  • I enjoyed reading the story of Dundubi. The visual image of the story was fascinating to me. When I visualized what was going on the story of Dundubi and Vali, it was fascinating I thought it was amazing how Dundubi and Vali fought for a whole year without a break. This story showed how strong and fierce Vali was.
  • Following up with the battle with Dundubi and Vali, Sugriva fights Vali. Although in the previous story, its showed how strong Vali was, the battle with Sugriva was different. With Rama's help, Sugriva was able to defeat Vali. When I was reading this, I thought it was not fair for Rama to assist Sugriva in the battle. Although Rama just helped, I thought it was slightly unfair for Vali because it was 2 people against one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment