Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 2 Reading Diary B


  • While reading the part B, I thought it was interesting how the women who appeared in the stories are evil. 
  • The episode of Rama's exile was my favorite. I think it is amazing how he was loved by everybody. Everybody was telling him to not leave and hated the evil women.
  • When Lakshmana was so eager to kill the women, Rama calmed him down.
  • On page 51, Rama quotes "Sometimes a river runs dry, and then it cannot be said to be the fault of the river - it's dry because the heavens are dry. so also, our father's change of mind, or the apparent hardheartedness of Kaikeyi,... some higher powers have decreed them." These words sounded like wise word. Because sometimes in life, we have to take the road that we do not want to, but I believe there is a higher God who leads my life.Also, if something was destined, no one can stop it. There are many times when I blame myself for a lot of things that happen in my life, but not I believe that somethings are not under my control.
Bharata and Rama; note also the sandals on the throne; by Raja Ravi Varma

  • I found that Rama's sandal was a random object to represent his throne. When Bharatha came to see Rama, Rama insisted Baharatha to rule the land for fourteen year. Bharatha promised Rama that he will not rule the world for more than fourteen years. I thought it was very unique for Bharatha to take his sandal as a symbolic object for Rama.
The second part of the book seemed pretty dramatic, but I really enjoyed reading the stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment