Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week 11 Reading Diary B

  • The fire tactic was ingenious.  I thought it was very smart of Duryodhana and Duhshasana to hire Purochana to set a fire-trap and having a way out for themselves to leave. I thought it was even smarter how they hired someone else to do it so that they won't get in trouble later!
  • I've noticed many indian epic characters with superpower and Bhima was one of them. Without any weapon or superpower, he was able to beat the demon with his hands. I'm guessing he just has unlimited power which no one can overcome. 
  • The birth of Dhrishtadyumna and Draupadi was pretty fascinating to me. I thought it was cool how they were born from a cup of butter. I've noticed that many objects or person transform from one thing to another. Everything is just so magical in the story.
  • The Indian epic is always full of drama.  I thought it was weird how Draupadi married all of the Pandava brothers. What was the reason behind it?
  • I wondered if Subhadra wanted to marry Arjuna. The book makes it seem like Subhadra married Arjuna because Krishna, Subhadra's sister, wanted her to. 
  • The burning of Khandava forest was just another dramatic and graphical portion of the story. It was a constant battle between a fire god Agni and storm-god Indra. Every time Agni tries to set the fire, Indra blocked the fire with rain. When the other Gods just watched what was happening, it reminded me of the Greek mythology because the other Gods do not really get involved and just watch the fight between the Gods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment