Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Reading Diary B Week 12


  • I find most of the punishments in the story pretty extreme, but the worst one was shown in this week's reading diary. Because Arjuna did not want Urvashi to become better, she cursed him to become eunuch. I did not know what that meant, so I had to search it. It basically meant that he had to get his testicle removed. 
  • The story of Mankanaka was like a little kid's story. I thought it was pretty gross how he bled grass juice. In the story, it mentions that he just ate grass and weed. I think it is pretty unrealistic how he had a great flow of grass juice rather than blood.
  • The most fascinating and weird story of all was the story of Rishyashringa. I thought it was disturbing how he ejaculated when he saw Urvashi bathing. I think that does not give enough reason to ejaculate, but it happened. I think it is more weird how the deer drank the water and was able to have a child. With this unusual birth story, Rishyashgringa was born. 
  • I like the little love story of Rishyashgringa and Shanta. I was very happy for Rishyashgringa because I thought he would be really weird looking because he is half deer and half human
  • My favorite story from this week was tale of Savitri. I really like her character because she is genuine and honest about her feelings I thought it was nice of Yama to listen to her wishes. Yama was a genie to Savitri. With the help from Yama, Savitri was able to help her Father-in-law and her own father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment