Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Reading Diary B Week 14


  • Bhishma's death was very dramtic. I thought it was cool how Bhishma had a choice on the day he will die. I thought it was very meaningful how he dies on winter solstice which was the shortest day of the year. Another cool thing that happened was that his scars disappear from his body. 
  • I wonder what the meaning of Yudhishthira's dream. He had a dream where he traveled with his brothers, Draupadi, and a dog. All of sudden, everybody died, but the dog was with him. Then Indra appeared infront of Yudhisthira and ask him to go to heaven, but he had to leave the dog. Yudhishthira refuses to abandon the dog and find out that the whole thing was a test. The dog was the Lord Yama who was trying to test his son. This event reminded me of the movie Kingsman. In the movie, Eggsy had to either kill the dog or not become a Kingsman.
  • Because Yudhishthira is faithful, he was able to go to the heavens in his dream. Later, he woke up realizing that it was just a dream.
  • The Pandava line was dead at first. The story was that Princess Uttara gave a birth to a son, who was the only one left of the Pandavas, were born dead. With the power of Krishna, he was able to gain life. 
  • I thought it was nice how Krishna was presented with a new chariot from Maya. 
  • It was nice reading Buck's version of Mahabharata, but it wasn't my favorite. I'm not a big war fan, but Buck's Mahabharata had a lot of war scene. 


1 comment:

  1. You do bullet points too! I was looking at another person's profile and saw that they write their reading diary in paragraph form, something different to me. I would think that figuring out what you want to write about for you storytelling post would be much easier with bullet points but to each their own.
    Also, definitely agree with you about Bhisma's death and how cool it was that he had a choice on when he would die.

    ReplyDelete