Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Reading Diary B Week 13


  • There were so many characters involved in this week's reading.
  • It was a little hard to follow along the story because some of the characters had different characteristics and backgrounds compared to the previous book we read. The characters had similar name or went by two different names
  • Karna refused to fight anyone that was a women. I've noticed that the characters were pretty strong in their outlook on gender.
  • The story of Amba was so sad. I thought it was sad how she was rejected by King Shalwa and had no where else to go. 
  • I enjoyed reading the story of Sikhandini because there were a lot of drama within the story. Drupada wanted a son so he aske Shiva for a son, but when the child was born, it was a girl. I thought it was weird how Shiva did not know if it was a boy or a girl. The most messed up part of the story was that Drupada was going to let Sikhandin marry a girl. Although Sikhandini was raised like a boy, I am sure her body was a female body. I felt bad for Sikhandini because she probably went through identity crisis her whole life. It was nice how the Yaksha traded gender for Sikhandin.
  • I thought it was nice how Arjuna got on the same team with Sikhandin
  • Death of Bhishma contained so many imagery. The graphic was horrifying and beautiful at the same time. I thought it was crazy how he had so much arrow that his body did not even touched the ground. I thought it was beautiful how there were flower rain and water coming from the ground for Bhishma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment