Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Week 10 Reading Diary B

  • This week's reading was so full of battles and episodes. I've noticed that there were just endless fighting in this week's reading. This week's reading has been most dramatic episodes ever. There were so many family drama, killing, lying, violence, and battles.
  • When Krishna showed  the universal, all being and destruction during the fight with Arjuna, it reminded me of Ravana! I thought it was interesting how there are characters who can transform their image to duplicate their heads and arms. I looked up the image  of Krishna and it was similar to Ravana's except Krishna also had several arms
  • I thought it was fascinating how Krishna had so much power over nature and other things. Krishna used his ability to adjust the sun so that Arjuna slays Jayadrath thinking that the sun was setting. Sun is one of those things what are not controlled by human, but Krishna's action lets the readers know how powerful he is. 
  • I was disgusted when I read that Bhima mutilated Dushasana's body and drank his blood. I would never drink anybody's blood! I wondered why he drank Dushansana's blood and is there a significant meaning behind this action?
  • I thought it was very clever of Krishna to substitute Bhima as a metal statue. I was once again surprised by Krishna's action. 
  • The term Pandavas made it easier for me to read because of all the characters with long names tend to be confusing to me, but Pandavas sums up to be the sons of Pandu.

No comments:

Post a Comment