Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 6 Reading Diary A


  • My favorite episode was when Hanuman was swallowed by Rakshasa Sinhika. The content was fully described and it was fascinating how Hanuman was able to come out from her ear. This episode reminded me of one biblical study. When Jonah was inside the shark's belly, he was eventually brought out. Although Jonah did not come our through the ear, the story seemed pretty familiar. 
  • I thought it was very cool that Hanuman was able to change into a cat. It was a very smooth move.
  • I loved the character Hanuman. He is very adventurous and spontaneous. I enjoyed reading over what he did in Lanka. He made a mess of  Ravana's house and destroyed the temple. It was nice seeing Hanuman giving revenge to Ravana. 
  •  It was interesting to see the jewelry as a significant item. I thought it was interesting seeing Sita giving Hanuman a pearl to give to Rama.When ever Ravana captured Sita, she droped ehr jewelry too. I've noticed that jewelry has a lot of meaning in the Indian Epics because it happens redundantly. 
  • For this week's reading, I think Hanuman plays the biggest role. He goes to Lanka and found Sita. Hanuman also sets Lanka on fire and brings back the pearl for Rama.
  • I felt so great seeing Ravana mad because everything that was happening was a karma. Ravana have been evil since day one and I felt like Hanuman was punishing him for what he have done. Hanuman was the hero of this week's reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment