Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 5 Reading Diary B


  • The fighting scene between Jatayu and Ravana was very dramatic for me. While I was reading the detail description from the book, I was able to imagine the scene in my head.
  • Reading for this assignment made me realize that Ravana was truly evil. There were events before where Ravana seemed evil, but the story of him taking Sita away and killing Jatayu was just too  cruel. Also, When he saw Rambha , he raped her. I was surprised by the fact that other women had given into Ravana's trap. I felt so sorry for all the women and how unfortunate it was for Rambha.
  • I thought it was very smart for Sita to leave her mark so that Rama could come and find her. Whenever Jatayu was wounded, Sita knew that she had to do something. Whenever she saw the two monkeys, she let her jewelry fall so that the monkeys could come and grab it. This portion of the story was similar to the Nayaran's Ramayana.
  • Thank God for the monkey brothers! I thought the monkeys had a interesting birth story. 
  • I really liked the picture that Dr.Gibbs posted of the Hanuman and the sun. I thought it was very random, but interesting that Hanuman thought the sun was a mango.
  • Here is a repost of the picture


No comments:

Post a Comment