Friday, January 16, 2015

Week 1 Storybook Favorites


One story I read was How Shesha Holds the World. I just picked a story that was listed in the website and found that I enjoyed this story. I liked how the introduction described the audience of the story. I like this story because it involves kids listening to the story and children's imagination is always fascinating to see. I loved the content of the story which living virtuously is better than having a corrupted life. I think its awesome how the author switched around the story a little bit so that the content will be easier to understand. 

The next storybook I read was Sweet dreams are made of these: Karma. I chose this storybook because I thought it was adorable how the mother switched the story a little to make it kid friendly. The introduction did a good job of explaining the main idea of the story. I loved the moral of the story because good thing do happen to good people. The author reminded me to look back at my life and think how I should react to certain situations. The author kept the original content, but made it easier for the kid to understand. I thought it was pretty silly how Hanuman thought the Sun was a mango. This story was a cute story.

The last storybook I read was Kamaveda lovetherapy:Rama and Sita. The setting of the story was very unique. The author kept the characters and the details the same, but switch the storytelling into a therapy session. I am very interested in love stories, so this story was interesting to me. The introduction did a good job of giving an overview of the story. The layout of the story was unique and I really enjoyed reading the story. Most of the stories are told as a traditional narrative format, but this story switched the story to a therapy session which made it more interesting. Out of the three favorites, this one was my favorite!

I liked all of the three stories! They were all interesting with different story lines.


Here is a picture of Rama and Sita

No comments:

Post a Comment